Thursday, January 14, 2010

Yeah my butt feels better!

So for the past two to three months I've had issues with my piriformis. It has been irritating. It feels like a sore muscle. I could still run on it, but I was not setting any records to say the least. So per my friend Pete's suggestion, I started sitting on tennis balls, and per my friend Dana's suggestion, I've been stretching it religiously every night. I wouldn't say it is a 100%, but it is 80% better. At least Chris won't come home from Trinidad to hear me whine about my aching ass.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to test this breakthrough at Ghost Town this weekend. I am slightly bummed, because I think I could have given it a good go. I do hope Marie kicks some major piriformis, and takes the thing. She's a much more talented runner than she gives herself credit for.

Technically, I've started training for the Colorado marathon, but my first week was a wash, though this week has gone much better. Maybe because my butt feels better. As of right now, I'm worried that sub 3 might not be an option this May. I'm sticking with the plan, and going to go day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment